NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
christoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:48:10 -0500
Hi everyone,

            Thank you  for the  many responses to my post about my
grandson. The
information I have already received on this loop is wonderful!  I am
truly thankful
for all the support out there.  We have never encounter this problem in
our family
and as you all know when it is someone you love, it is horrifying to
watch.  You
feel so helpless.

            Apparently my grandson is lactose intolerant and also
allergic to milk
protein.  If he eats 2 bites of these ingredients he gets bloated,
cramps,
diarrhea, and gas for at least 48 hours.  In that time he can't keep
anything in he
system.

             Yesterday was the first day in a long time he seem to feel
good.  He
is having a little trouble when he eats more than a few bites of
anything.  I think
that this is caused by the fact that his stomach has to adjust to being
full
again.  Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.

              He will drink Chocolate Rice Dream.  However we are not
sure how much
of this product is good for him.  Does anyone know what the limit on
this should
be.  He drinks three 8 oz boxes a day.  He has never been able to drink
a lot of
fruit juice and we hate to give him drinks with too much sugar in them.

              Again thanks, for all the support!

Sincerely,

Christine