NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:53:17 -0800

I am indeed severly lactose intolerant. And I don't dispute that it
affects many people, and many of them much worse than I.

But I do dispute the wild assertions that dairy is the ultimate cause of
every ailment for everybody, and that dairy''s ultimately a bad thing.
And I reject the conspiracy theories that get thrown about so glibly.

  Listen, a lot of us have been getting a bit hot headed about this and it really isn't getting us anywhere. I'll admit some of my responses haven't been any more polite, but after trying to be polite for so long and still getting negative feedback it has been very frustrating. I haven't been saying dairy is the sole cause of all the sicknesses that people have, but I also think it is highly unestimated as to how much damage it can really do.  I think the other person who has the same views as I do is also feeling very frustrated. We're not saying we know everything. We just want everyone to hear us out. Isn't that what this talk list is supposed to be about? SHaring ideas and information? That's all I've been trying to do all along and I have to say I've really been taken back by all the negativity from some other people that I've been experiencing. Irregardless of whether or not you agree with what I pass along, can we just move past this already and just agree to disagree?
 Otherwise this is just going to keep on and it isn't doing anyone any good.
  Sue