NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 20:59:51 -0500
I'm right there with you Bronwyn.

bronwyn wrote:

> my diet is fine with me. So anyway, we are having a pot luck Christmas
> party and I offered to bring in a main dish and a dessert. I really want
> the dessert to be something good and decadent (really fattening and tasty).
> I want both dishes to make it clear that it isn't a handicap to have to
> avoid milk.
> So if anyone has any really impressive dishes, nothing too exotic, I would
> love it if you would email me with them.

Here is an idea I tried for Thanksgiving that was great, easy, & the favorite
desert - gone very fast.  I made a chocolate pie, with parve chocolate pudding
& rich whip that comes out of a can.  I just started with some rich whip & got
it good & fluffy, then added instant parve chocolate pudding & more rich whip.
Dumped it all in a graham cracker crust I made & it was fantastic.  No
kidding!  My dad loved it and he still thinks my allergy is "all in my head".
Let me know if you want the specifics on the pie.

I also like my version of stroganoff for knock em out meals.  I brown beef stew
meat and lots of onions, make a heavy gravy with cornstarch and broth,
drippings from the pan worcestershire & salt & pepper.  I serve the whole thing
over egg noodles.  Very yummy & seems rich even though there is no sour cream.

Hope this helps & if I think of anything more, I'll send it out.  Good luck.

--
Amanda Lucas

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 2805047 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2805047 (go there and try it!)