NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:54:25 -0500
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Susan Gallant wrote:

>     why does sue need 15 hard references for one basic opinion. but a
> commercial telling me that if i drink 24 ounces a milk a day, i'll lose
> weight and not one of you has mention that on this NO Milk list serve.
> think about it.

The Dairy Industry "drink milk / weight loss" TV commercials are
irrelevant.  Most of us are subscribed to this list to exchange info on
avoiding milk, not to talk about cow's milk or why it should or shouldn't
be consumed by humans.

I'm personally highly allergic to milk, and wouldn't/couldn't intentinally
consume it no matter what bogus claims the Dairy Industry spews on TV.

Now, here's an example of relevant content for this list:
[BTW...this is not just an example...but real]

One by one, the local Publix grocery stores have stopped carrying Farm
Rich non-dairy creamer...which I've used as a milk substitute for years in
anything from dry cereal to pancakes.  They replaced it on the shelves
with their own store brand which is UD.  They do sell 8th Continent soy
milks, but only in half gallon jugs.  I don't use it often enough to go
through that fast enough.  Has this happened in other areas?  If so, what
are you doing for a non-dairy (parve preferred) milk substitute suitable
for cooking with or eating on cheerios?

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |