NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katherine Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:52:59 EDT
Here is another GREAT chicken recipe.  It is from theYan Can Cookbook...
wonderful!  No eggs or dairy.

Crispy Chicken

Marinate boneless chicken in 2 tsp white wine and 1/2 tsp salt.  Dry coat w/2
tbs corn starch.

Combine batter mix:
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup flat beer (or water)
3/4 tsp baking powder (if using water, increase to 1 1/4 tsp)
1/4 sugar
1/2 tsp oil
1/4 cup corn starch

Dip and fry in hot oil.  I usually double the recipe, and cut the chicken in
strips.  My children call these "chicken sticks" and dip them in catsup.  I
dip mine in a combo of soy sauce, sugar, sake or white wine, hot pepper,
garlic and vinegar.  This is similar to tempura batter.  Enjoy!

Katherine