NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karin McDonough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:41:01 -0800
--- Darlene Vanasco <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Is there really evidence that suggests TRUE milk protien allergy is not
> measurable by IGe or Igg tests?

What type of evidence are you looking for?  There is a huge amount of anecdotal
evidence just among those of us on the no-milk list.

For example, I have had 2 incidences of anaphylaxis that are clearly reactions
to milk.  I had an entire series of blood tests for food allergies.  They all
came up inconclusive.  The anaphylaxis tells me that I am allergic to dairy.
Removing dairy from my diet reduced or eliminated a wide variety of symptoms
that I was experiencing.

There are many people on this list who have been told that they or their
children are not allergic, but when milk is ingested, allergic responses occur.
 Allergy testing is not infallible.

Karin McDonough

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html