NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:29:52 -0400
I "self diagnosed" my lactose intolerance (which seems to have occurred
during an extremely stressful period in my life), so I'm not sure if it's
actually a milk allergy (cow's milk specific) or it's full fledged lactose
intolerance. Even yogurt makes me feel awful.

Are the symptoms of lactose intolerance and milk allergies different? I
just avoid all dairy products now, but wonder if I could explore other
options (goat, sheep, etc.) without feeling miserable. (Of course I can,
but how far can I stray from the house during these "experiments?")

Heidi