NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:11:31 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>

Allegation:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Alex Oren wrote:
>
> > > Does anyone know if Wendy's hamburger buns are O.K.?   I have looked =
> >
> > Non-diary.

Jon, please do not trim quotes in a way that distorts the original meaning.
I have never said that Wendy'd buns are non-dairy.  Here's the complete quote:

:: Does anyone know if Wendy's hamburger buns are O.K.?   I have looked at the
:: ingredients list and don't know if sodium stearol lactylate and calcium
:: stearoyl-2-lactylate (both listed as dough conditioners)
:
: Non-dairy.
:
:: and DATEM (also listed as a dough conditioner) are safe.
:
:: I could not find any mention of either dairy or corn ingredients in DATEM.

Meaning:
1. Sodium stearol lactylate and calcium stearoyl-2-lactylate are non dairy.
2. I don't know about DATEM.

> I missed the beginning of this thread.  Have they changed their bun
> ingredients again?  I haven't been in a Wendys for several years since
> they changed their bun ingredients to include whey.

BUNS, KAISER AND SANDWICH: Enriched and Bleached Flour
(Wheat Flour, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Iron, Folic
Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated
Soybean Oil, Yeast, Salt, Vital Wheat Gluten, Sodium Stearol
Lactylate and Calcium Stearoyl-2-Lactylate (dough conditioners),
colored with Tumeric and Paprika, Calcium Sulfate, Corn Meal
(Kaiser Bun only), Calcium Proprionate (preservative), Soy Flour,
Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide and DATEM (dough conditioners).

--> http://www.wendys.com/nutrition_guide.pdf

No whey.