NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2016 20:51:43 -0500
Anyone tried this yet?  I noticed their NY Cheezecake in a quick trip to
Publix yesterday, and picked one up without doing any real research.
They're in the frozen section.  I noticed it had no kosher marking...but
figured with all their stuff being vegan and "dairy-free" it was worth
trying.  I was about to contact them to ask about the lack of kosher
certification on this product, when I looked at their FAQ and found:

  CAN I CONSUME DAIYA PRODUCTS IF I'M ALLERGIC TO DAIRY?
  Our products are completely free of dairy (casein, whey and lactose). We
  have our own dedicated production facility (except for Daiya pizzas,
  Cheezy Mac and Cheezecakes) to eliminate any chances for
  cross-contamination. Our pizzas, Cheezy Mac and Cheezecakes are
  manufactured in another facility where we have an allergen program in
  place to prevent any cross contamination with dairy ingredients.

I had a piece after lunch today, and another after dinner.  I'll likely
know by tomorrow if their anti-cross contamination program failed.

It being about 30 years since I've had real cheesecake, I don't know how
good a job they did of duplicating it...but I like it.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route