NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:25:03 -0800
I just forwarded your email to a friend i know who is bipolar and also schitzophrenic(although she has a milder case). Thank you for that information.
  I also know when sugar and cow milk are mixed it can cause a similar affect to being drunk from alcohol. I don't mean slurring your words and falling on yourself drunk, but it does something where a lot of people can be affected by it because their brains aren't functioning as clearly. (book-Ministry of Healing) When I grew up drinking milk i remember having episodes of feeling "out of it" in school, especially in the afternoons after lunch when I would et the standard school lunch including the littel cartons of milk. After graduation and living on my own I would still drink milk and still had the same problems. WHen I went to a natural health doctor in Cleveland for sinus congestion that wouldn't go away he suggested staying away from dairy for at least a week to see what happened. I did and the gongestion went away. After a while I noticed the "feeling out of it" went away as well.
  Sue
 They are usually broken down into
_amino acids_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amino_acid) by digestion _enzymes_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzyme) , but in some individuals they are not.
They are then accumulated in the body over time and can lead to a peptide
poisoning. This is particularly often reported in patients with _ADHD_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADHD) , _autism_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism) and
_schizophrenia_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia) . Withdrawal
symptoms are quite common, more so than in the case of _gluten_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten) peptides (_gluten exorphines_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten_exorphine) and _gliadorphin_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliadorphin) ).