NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 08:03:49 -0800
Please pay close attention to the ingredients in your calcium
supplements, too - many of them contain dairy-derived stuff.

My kids get a Flintstones with extra calcium (I think it's 200 mg)
every day.  They drink orange juice with added calcium.  Anything
else they need they get from their varied diet.  I'm told supplements
aren't needed but I'm more comfortable with them, and my 4yo eats so
little!

psam

I am looking for some calcium info and I apologise if this is a past
topic
but I would like to know what the Recommended Daily Allowance for
calcium
is. I went look for some sups for my three year old (pulled him off
of
dairy about a month ago) and was soo confused by all the brands,
types of
calcium and methods of taking it. I found some effervecent(sp?) sups
that
he would think is reaaly cool but it contained a different calcium
than the
chewables. Or should I go the TUMS route (I would prefer not to).