NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy/Dave Zdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:58:42 -0500
I use whatever brand I can find that is milk-free.  However, I do not have
severe reactions, so I do use brands that have been processed on equipment
that has been used for milk chocolate.  One brand that I have is Guittard
(chocolate chips.)  I have been known to weigh chocolate chips and use
those in place of semi-sweet baking chocolate in recipes.  I have also used
Ghirardelli sweet dark chocolate.  And I have gotten mini chocolate chips
from The Gluten Free Pantry that say they are lactose and casein free.  I
wrote to Baker's when they added dairy to their chocolate and complained,
but I guess they don't care that they lost me as a customer.  And they lost
a good customer because I like my chocolate!

Kathy