NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:44:12 -0800
And if you don't care to look then why ask for the references?
As far as the 80%(since you choose to keep harping onit)it is what the doctor told me when i asked him questions about milk allergies and bedwetting. Are you going to say the doctor is wrong since you have so much faith in them? Obviously he knew where the reference was, and if I could remember the name of the clinic I would tell you so if anyone "cared" to look into it further then they could do so. However, if you don't "care" to look into it then don't ask for the sources. Otherwise it's just a bunch of nit picking and pettiness. I think we're all adults here, or at least claim to be, and can go beyond that. I mentioned the 80%(since you still harp on it) because I was sharing how I learned i was not alone in that struggle with our children and thought someone else might be comforted in knowing that who may be struggling with the same thing. Once again the information I share to be helpful has been misconstrued. If you want to find fault then you'll seek an excuse to do so
 irregardless of what I say, so if you're just looking to nock down what ever I tell you then you're better off just deleting the emails I send and just read the next one. It will save us all a llot of agrivation. That way the ones who are interested in what I have to say can read it without the dramatic soap operas.  I don't recall "ranting" about anything. I'm not the one who's had the anger issues here, and as far as "your book" just because you don't want to listen to something that could be very helpful to some people doesn't mean that no one else should or that you should talk someone down just because you don't agree with them.
     And have you done studies on 99% of the population, since you seem to be so into that?
  We should take into account, as people here have said before, that there are also subclinical affects that may not be detected by us or by tests. just because we don't "see" anything happening doesn't mean there isn't, especially when we may not even know what symptoms to be looking for in the first place.  Sue
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have no problem with anyone here saying "Hey, this worked for me".

The thing I objected to, and continue to object to, is when people make
sweeping statements about what they believe to be true for the majority of
the population, with no evidence to back them up.

, and pointing to websites that rant about stuff without offering any
evidence, doesn't count as evidence in my book.
 totally discounted by those with the studies. Isn't that interesting? I

It's not that I disagree with your results, just that I don't believe they
are *necessarily* generalizable to the general population. If milk has a
certain effect on your body, is that because milk always has that effect on
humans, or is it something about your body that makes it react to milk in a=
atypical way? A single "case study" doesn't tell me. It raises a
possiblity, but it doesn't "prove" anything other than how milk affects you=
.

When my own experience differs from yours, which of us is in the minority?
If we care, we can look to other' experiences and other published studies t=
"break the tie".

--Robyn