NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:21:47 PDT
>Interesting... so are there any children out there with anaphylactic
milk
>allergy who were never breast fed?

My son was bottle fed from birth.  He was in neonatal icu for the first
four days of his life.  Even at this early age he showed (what I now
know are)symptoms of a milk allergy.  He was switched to a soy based
formula at 10 days and then switch to hydrosolate(sp?) at about 3 weeks.
He could not tolerate any of these formulas.  He eventually was put on
an amino acid based formula when he was three months old.

My son is now three years old.  He has an anaphylactic allergy to milk
and eggs.

Jen
(Michael 11/7/95, eosinophilic esophagitis, food allegies, asthma)