NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 06:50:29 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:24:11 -0500, Juliann Seebauer wrote:

} >My daughter reacted to milk (actually, a tiny amount of formula) by
} >getting a rash.
}
} My son reacted to milk with a rash. He also reacted to milk on his skin
} with a bump. We were able to test him originally (first line- testing) by
} rubbing some milk, yogurt, or sherbet on his upper arm. Wait 5 min to an
} hour (may need to circle the area with marker). If get bump, he probably
} still has problems. If not, he will need further testing. Many docs won't
} test kids under 2 yrs, since their immune system is still developing. If
} you home test, try milkmixed with potatoes or hidden in something. You may
} need to do this for 3 days in a row for symptoms to start showing up.

The test didn't go well.

The doc asked us to give Maayan 10cc milk and wait 2 hours in the office.  We filled her
bottle with the required amount and tried to make her drink it.  She only drank a tiny
amount but several minutes later developed a bright red rash on her chin and cheeks and
started coughing a little.  Life is hard.

Clueless dad (TM).