NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:19:55 EST

<< With Bactrim she vomits, but not with the others.  I figured it
 had to have something to do with the colour or flavour because the others
 are fine. >>
My 3 yr old has always had a problem with Amoxicillin, Bactrim, Erithymician,
and C-Clor.  I noticed that all these meds he's had have been PINK.  I know
he's not allergic to red dye, but it just seems if they're pink there's hives.
Oh, also he's allergic to milk too.

I had him tested for Penicillin thinking he was allergic to it.  After,
extensive testing he came out neg. for it.  The allergist said it may be how
the phamacy mixes it because he's ok with the white Augmentin.

Anyone heard of this?