NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:22:58 -0500
Hello Sue,

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:55:26 -0800, "Susan Gallant"
<[log in to unmask]> said:
> I'm not really sure how common milk consumption would have been even if
> that theory were to be proven true. Before bottles were invented, babies
> were primarily nursed.

Notice that I didn't mention babies at all in my message.

What I did write about was humans adding dairy to their diet.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese#Origins for approximate time-line
(yes, I know that wikipedia is not a definitive source but I'm lazy)

> Even if the mother died there was usually a maid
> servant or female relative who would nurse the infant. There aren't so
> many diseases and other health issues recorded from back in prebottle
> days, at least where infants were concerned.

Would you please tell me what century you refer to as "prebottle days"?
Then I suggest you look up infant mortality in that era.

> For one thing, I have never met an intelligent cow.

Absolutely nonsensical.

> It goes against the ecological system as well as the human biological system.

Proof?

> The laws of nature are species specific.

Oh?  And what exactly are those "laws of nature" that you refer to?

Best wishes,
Alex.