NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
richard horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 14:38:15 GMT
>I have a question regarding Epipens. We don't have them here,
>and I have to carry an epinephrine injection (with a traditional
>syringe) instead. The doctor checked it and left the right amount
>of epinephrine for Nikolas (1 year old). I believe that epipens
>are much more convenient, and I could get them in France (2 hours
>drive from me) Could someone tell me what should I ask for? I mean,
>I suppose they are different depending on the age of the children?
>They must have smaller or bigger amounts of epinephrin on them?
>

>Angela,

The epi-pens I get here in Ontario Canada for my daughter's anaphylactic
reactions to milk are by prescription by her doctor. The name of them are
"EpiPen Jr."  It also says on the pen "unidose 0.15 mg epinephrine
auto-injector".  The DIN number on it is 00578657. Hope it helps you in your
quest. I have had to use it once on my daughter and thank God it was available.
Good luck.

Chris Horne