NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:22:46 -0500
Jent Lynne wrote On 01/24/06 12:11,:

> Yet when I've presented my "mini-studies" to those who supposedly swear by
> studies, they poo-poo it because it doesn't agree with what they have already
> decided is "truth". To my thinking, that sounds EXACTLY like the alternative
> health people are accused of being. So, to my mind, BOTH sides are guilty of
> not always seeking out what's true and what's not, not just one.
>
> Jent

Yes, I agree.  Anyone who says that your experience can't be true is the
same kind of closed-minded person that is a problem everywhere.

However, I also hope you don't insist that if it's true for you, it must
therefore be true for everyone.  Generalizing from a single case (or
even limited cases) is a dangerous thing to do - a lot of "conventional
wisdom" is mostly playing the odds - observe enough cases, find the
statistical probabilities, and view that as the high-probability
occurance.  Period.