NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:25:40 EDT
You certainly aren't crazy. The question to be answered is whether you're
right. Right about the dairy being the problem. It may be, or it may be a totally
different underlying condition. Those can be maddeningly difficult to
determine. You mention delayed reactions, but never say what those are, how long they
are delayed, or how long they take to go away. Those are critical for
diagnosis. You may be seeing the wrong type of doctor.

Most children with true dairy allergies do outgrow them. Recent studies have
shown that they last longer than once thought, however. Researchers used to
think that most children outgrew them by age three, but now it's known that it
can be as late as age eight.

In the meantime, it'll do no harm to for your son to avoid dairy.

I have an extensive listing of milk alternative products on my Product
Clearinghouse website.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper/nondairy.htm

The Cheese page specifies which substitutes contain casein and which do not.

I have a huge listing of cookbooks that are aimed at people who want to go
dairy-free. I don't sell them myself, but just put up links to Amazon so you can
purchase them.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper/bookstor.htm

You can also find general information posted daily on my Planet Lactose blog.
http://planetlactose.blogspot.com

I just list milk alternative products. Alisa Fleming at GoDairyFree sells
much more extensive listings of all foods which are dairy-free. They're only $10,
so they make a good investment.
http://www.godairyfree.org/Product-List-Downloads.html

She also has loads of recipes and other information available.

Steve Carper

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your
destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News &amp; more. Try it out