NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:45:00 EST

In a message dated 1/24/2006 4:34:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I did  one quick search on Google for "infant formula" and found a number
of sites  about non-milk based formulas - including some that purport to
have  additives to simulate breast-milk.

you missed my point.
The point i was making is not..the lack of alternatives to dairy baised
formula.  of course i know there are alternatives.
i was pointing out that doctors will tell you to NOT give your  child milk
under the age of two or three because of allergy dangers  but  will tell you it
IS OKAY to give a baby formula.  if logic and sound  thought ruled.. they
would say never give your baby regular formula because of  allergy dangers wouldnt
they? or at least they would warn you quite vocally that  most formulas that
people buy for their children are dairy based so use at  your own risk.
is my logic different from everyone elses? maybe im being too
simplistic..but it make sense to me.

i know formula proponents will say that yes it's milk..but it's extremely
broken down into ''comfort based proteins'' in order to be more digestible.
huh?
Are you trying to say to me that it's okay for doctors to advocate a
substance known to be contraindicated in babies as long as they offer an  alternative
when the babies have a bad reaction to it?  i would  call that lack of
intelligence. most of us were born knowing what to feed a  baby.  we were taught to
feed them something else. and we  all know who taught us.  dr iannelli taught
us.<see  below>

oh and i I was using the word intelligence as defined in the  dictionary:
''reflecting good judgment or sound thought ''

i just meant that the ads encourage us not to think by  bombarding us with
messages that make us feel good about not thinking. we are a  nation of non
thinkers.  and the habit of not thinking leads to IRAQ and  IRAN and  nuclear war.
 how are we going to bring peace to the middle  east when we cant even figure
out what to feed babies.
its not a conspiracy theory to get people to not think..its just good
marketing and advertising.
maybe i should not have said dairy ads are not responsible for our lack of
intelligence even though they do there best to discourage it.
maybe i should have just said it's making us just plain lazy.

oh..did you notice that the website you stumbled on is sponsored by a
pediatricians office located in none other than home of DEAN FOOD..dallas
county,dallas texas. some coincidence huh?.
from the website you posted:

http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/infant/infant_formula.html
Vincent R. Iannelli, MD, FAAP is a board certified Pediatrician in Dallas,
Texas. He is a member of the Dallas County Medical Society, Texas Medical
Association and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. In addition  to
having a Pediatrics practice in a suburb of Dallas, he is currently an
Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the UT Southwestern Medical School.

amalita