NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:07:33 -0500
On 1/15/06, Beth Kevles <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi --
>
> I have also heard that bedwetting may be allergic in origin.  However,
> most of the time it does not appear to be.  It's freqently just a matter of
> body maturation.
>
> We tried an elimination diet for the child in my own family who was a
> bedwetter, with no result.  But recently the wetting went away, with no
> change in the diet whatsoever!  We'd expected this change, though, since
> late-wetting (ranging from stopping at age 8 to age 18) runs in the family.

This is consistent with our information/experience, except our bedwetter has
not outgrown it yet.  So I do like to evaluate other information, when it
comes across the table.  The percentage quoted by another poster (some very
large percent being caused by allergy) seemed inconsistent with other
information I had read on the topic, so I was interested in whether or not
there was a reference for that claim.   The bedwetter in our family is also
the only one who has never shown any obvious signs of allergies of any kind.

--Robyn