NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pamela Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:47:06 -0500
Ok, I have a good one for you guys.
Most of you that have been here a while know I am allergic to milk protein. Particularly whey, but casein sometimes gets me, too.
Was reading an ingredient list the other day and was stopped short by what I didn't understand (needless to say I DID NOT buy the product)
What is deproteinized whey?
I thought whey was basically milk protein. How do you "de-protein-ize" a protein? Will I still react the way I do to milk proteins? Am I allergic to that and do I really want to try to find out?
Just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone could enlighten me.

Pammi Palmer
Dairy protein allergic since 1991, milk free since 1993.

Windows Live™: Life without walls.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1b_explore_042009