NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 08:48:07 -0400
Lila Wilson <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>How do I get to the archives??  I am in need of some recipes.

Here's a summary:

GET NO-MILK MILKALT    Commercial Milk Substitutes
GET NO-MILK CALCIUM    Vegetarian Sources of Calcium
GET NO-MILK PARVE      Parve/Paerve Labeling FAQ

GET NO-MILK RICEMILK   Rice/Horchata/Soy/Nut Milk Recipes
GET NO-MILK CHEESE1    Dairy Free Cheese Recipes
GET NO-MILK REC-0297   Recipes Posted to the List in Feb. 1997

GET NO-MILK LOG9701    January Log Files
GET NO-MILK LOG9702    February Log Files (large)
GET NO-MILK LOG9703    March Log Files (large)
GET NO-MILK LOG9704    April Log Files

Send these commands to [log in to unmask] (and not the address
for messages), removing the mixed case descriptions after the GET commands.
If you are on Juno you must split the log files. To do this add SPLIT 50
after the get command.

I have also put up:

GET NO-MILK BMILKSUB   Buttermilk Substitutions

It discusses souring milk to use in the place of buttermilk. It says some
non-dairy substitutes work and others don't, but the author doesn't
remember which ones. Maybe some people can try souring the substitutes and
I can update the file.

Don.