NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Didinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 11:13:08 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/98 10:10:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
  >I got the info on Neocate ... they are so high in corn (a HUGE problem
 for
 >many) and ASTRONOMICALLY high in sweeteners / sugars.

I agree with jennifer that Neocate has been a life saver for my son who cannot
tolerate any whole proteins,  In his case most kids like him corn is one of
the few products that THEY CAN TOLERATE.  Clayton happens to be tube fed now
due to his refusal to eat but he still will take the Neocate by mouth in
limited quantities,

Actually Neocate is not sweet - it is barely palpable to me - but Clayton did
willingly drink it from the time he was 6 months until 16 months (and only
stopped due to other problems)

For Clayton and others like him Neocate is a life saver and I am a firm
believer in it.

Love,
Sharon
mommy to Jake (5) and fraternal twins (34.5 weeks) (3/30/97) - Cole -(nda)
and Clayton (eosinophilic gastroenteritis, food allergies (milk, soy, eggs,
wheat), g-tube, Nissen and possible latex allergy, some DD, undiagnosed neuro
issues and sensory integration disorder)