NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:56:07 -0800
Robyn, I didn't mean to literally be on the talk list just for fun. I was saying that as an expression because when I first joined the talk list it just seemed more like everyone was offering moral support to each other and thought websites were being offered just in case anyone wanted to look at them, not because it was a necesity. I don't mind sharing my resources, but I don't think we should be pressured into thinking we should have to either. As I also stated before, just because i don't have a website for something doesn't mean the information isn't valid. Talking one on one with a midwife who has to be certified in her field before she can practice assisting families at home to deliver their babies and was in the field for 20 years before I even knew herwould be learning much more valid information from her that I can share than talking one on one with someone at a bus stop or hair solon getting my hair done as it seems people here are thinking about my input. Home birth
 midwives have to be well educated about nutrition as well as many medical factors and terminology, a lot more so than a lot of people give them credit for. That's why I ofered the website for midwives of Maine so if anyone wanted to look anything up there then they could.
     I don't have a problem with beinbg challenged about anything. It's HOW I'm being challenged. Having a guy ranting and raving about giving prizes and basically saying I am incompetant by blasting every comment i've had to make is not the mature and intelectual way to challenge someone. I don't mind people asking questions as long as they are doing it out of a genuine and sincere perspective. If I can offer a website or a book then I will, but please don't start trying to blast me if I don't know one off hand. I've been studying how diet affects our bodies for 14 years now, so I'm not going to be able to recall every single resource going that far back. Again, however, it does not mean that what I have to share is not valid. If something I say doesn't sound like it's something someone can agree with then you're free to disregard it. I'm not here to argue anymore than most other people here. I'd be happy to answer questions the best I can or share what ever references I can, but
 please don't attack me just because I say something that may seem out of the ordinary.
     As far as not believing something just because a doctor at a clinic says it's so, why can't you be that sceptical with the medical doctors? They're only human just like we are and brush their teeth the same way we do. Why do so many people put them on a pedestal and view them like they're gods and assume they always know what they're talking about? No one DARES to question them or the deiticians in the medical field. Yet I mention the suggestion of speaking to a teacher, nurse or doctor at a natural health clinic and I'm told that talking to one of them on the phone isn't convincing enough. WHat's the difference? If you called your family medical doctor or pediatrition and aksed them a question you'd accept what ever they told you irregardless just because it's "the DOCTOR". WHat's the difference? You've challenged me. Now I'm challenging you. Both medical and natural doctors have had to go to college to be where they are. WHat's the difference? WHo's really  telling the truth?
 The doctor at Uchee pines is a medical doctor who also has a deep understanding of natural remedies, so at least he's well rounded on both sides, but because it happens to be a "religious" website everyone just throws it out like it has nothing to offer at all. I'm not asking everyone to be a Christian. I'm simply offering the website as information. They don't expect everyone to be a Christian either. There's the news flash. I came to this talk list knowing it's from a website that's Jewish. I have no reason to be offended by that because I believe a lot of religions have something positive to offer and I respect the Jewish religion.
     Now can we finally put all this nonsense behind us?
  Sue

 What are the most popular cars?  Find out at Yahoo! Autos