NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellen McCrady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:17:18 -0500
There is a milk substitute that may not appear in stores, but it tastes
better than rice milk and does not contain soy.  It's Vance's Darifree,
made from potatoes, and it tastes pretty good.  It's good on cereal,
passable in coffee and tea, and useful in cooking.  You can take it with
you when you travel because it's in powder or liquid form.  But it says on
the package that it's not designed as an infant formula.  Call A&A Amazing
Foods, 1-800-497-4834.  Be prepared for some pretty heavy salesmanship on
the phone.  I disagree with the guy who usually answers on a couple of
points:  I say it does leave a gritty precipitate at the bottom of your
glass or cup, he says it never does; and I say if you mix it according to
the proportions they give, it tastes watery, so I make it with less water;
he says I don't need to do that.  But the product is all right.  If you
have a yeast infection too, remember to count it as carbohydrate.

7105 Geneva Dr.
Austin, TX 78723
512-929-3992
fax: 929-3995