NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jent Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:07:30 -0800
I'm guessing there are a lot of different reasons people subscribed here. I
haven't agreed with a lot of what's been said on both "sides" here, but I've
done what is standard procedure on other lists when getting to posts I don't
agree with: I state my opinion, then I MOVE ON. As soon as someone starts
demanding "proof", we can be sure the disagreement has descended to the
ridiculous. "Proof" is so relative - shall I accept the scientific "proof"
that works for TODAY (to be rejected and rewritten tomorrow)? Shall I accept
the alternative-ideas "proof" that works for this person but not this one? I'm
tired of listening to science and medicine claiming to be any more
"proof"-worthy than anything else. Science and medicine are also "just
opinions".

Again, the standard response would work just fine here: state your opinion,
what works for YOU, and then move on. I'm interested in discussions about all
sorts of topics. Some I will believe. Some I won't. Some I just don't care
about. Some I don't care about but will discover I should. For example, my
problem is allergy - I would LOVE to eat dairy, but I can't. But the dairy ads
DO still make a difference in my life, because they make dairy so "normal" and
"needed" that it makes it harder to eliminate from my life. Not only in the
industries creating food products, but also from my friends and family that
can't get past thinking dairy is liquid gold, because the dairy industry and
federal backers promote it incessently that way.

http://mail.yahoo.com