NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J. Gilbert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:58:09 -0800

own lives around those beliefs; >but as Steve points out, personal beliefs
simply are not the same as, or carry the same weight as, hard >science.
>And I think there's another issue here... Mistaking personal 'belief' for
actual science or fact is >the fastest way to blur and distort any
discussion - and worse, destroy any credibility the movement >or argument
has.

"Recent research indicates that consuming cow's milk throughout adolescence
increases the risk of developing Type I diabetes. About 1 million Americans
have this disease. (13) "
    http://www.earthsave.org/news/whatdary.htm

"Osteoporosis is not a problem that should be associated with lack of
calcium intake. Osteoporosis results from calcium loss. The massive amounts
of protein in milk result in a 50% or greater loss of calcium in the urine.
In other words, by doubling your protein intake there will be a loss of
1-1.5% in skeletal mass per year in postmenopausal women and this,
multiplied over 20 years, is considerable. The calcium contained in leafy
green vegetables is more easily absorbed than the calcium in milk, and plant
proteins do not result in calcium loss the same way as do animal proteins."
    http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T270729.html

"Studies have suggested that bovine serum albumin is the milk protein
responsible for the onset of diabetes... Patients with insulin- dependent
diabetes mellitus produce antibodies to cow milk proteins that participate
in the development of islet dysfunction... Taken as a whole, our findings
suggest that an active response in patients with IDDM (to the bovine
protein) is a feature of the autoimmune response." --New England Journal of
Medicine, July 30, 1992

"These new studies, and more than 20 well-documented previous ones, have
prompted one researcher to say the link between milk and juvenile diabetes
is 'very solid'."

Diabetes Care 1994;17(12)

"And you'll read the analysis of calcium intakes all over the world -- South
Africa they're eating under 100 milligrams a day, in America 980, and yet we
have 14 times the rate of pelvic fractures. It's not the calcium you eat,
it's not the cow's milk you eat -- it's the protein, the animal protein that
causes the acid condition in the blood which your body must neutralize, and
it does so by leaching calcium from your bones. And this is the real
science -- this is not the goofy milk moustache ad marketing -- this is the
real science that you find in peer-reviewed scientific journals, the truth
that most Americans are not getting. "
    http://www.notmilk.com/d.html

"Hypersensitivity to milk is implicated as a cause of sudden death in
infancy."
    The Lancet, vol. 2, 7160, November 19, 1960
"Those infants who died of SIDS expressed inappropriate or inflammatory
tissue and cells showed responses similar to bronchial wall inflammation in
asthma."
    The Lancet, vol. 343, June 4, 1994
    http://www.notmilk.com/sids.html
Autism and ADHD -- http://www.notmilk.com/forum/661.html

I know that most of this is from one source and I apologize for it.  I do
not have the time to try to find and search medical journal archives.  It's
breakfast time!

Have a good one.
Jacqui