NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:01:51 -0500
Sorry, but I have to get involved with this thread.

Susan Gallant wrote:

> Health studies have proven them to be accurate and that is why
I mention them on this talk list.

How about pointing us to these studies, and letting the members on the
list decide how much credence to give them?  Just because someone
publishes a study does not mean it's true.  I for one would be
interested in seeing the full information rather than sound bites.

A lot of people have dairy issues. they just haven't all been properly
diagnosed because most doctors don't
think diet affects our health.

"most doctors"?  I find myself bothered by the wild generalities that
you are throwing around.

The colleges are funded
by corporations to keep tuition costs down. The corporations actually
dicate
what is included in curriculums and what isn't so there are a lot of
politics that
fall into play determining what the so called experts learn in school
and carry
with them into their careers. Therefore we can't just go along with the
majority.

Are you suggesting some kind of pro-dairy conspiracy?  Much of what
you're propounding in the mails sounds like you're lobbying for a ban on
the use of dairy products, though I can't perceive on what basis.

I suppose you could say the same for most of the common allergens -
wheat, peanuts, soy (someone earlier in the thread gave a good list of
the most common) - "if we were a <fill in the blank>-free culture we
would not need these lists"; and I suspect other allergens would pop up
to take their place.

What's popular is not always right and what's right is not always
popular. In my almost
38 years of exprience i have found that what is popular is very rarely
ever right.

Right and wrong are pretty tough concepts to clearly and completely
define in this context, as in many contexts.  Something _I've_ learned
in my almost 57 years of experience.