NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Eves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:17:20 -0700

From: Ilene <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [NO-MILK] Allergy testing
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 2:17 PM

I'm sure that nobody on this group thinks you are crazy.
If you cant get help from the medical community, you are going to have to
take it in your own hands. If I were you I would eliminate milk and milk
products from their diet. There are many other foods that would supply the
stuff you would normally get from milk. Research them. I;m sure there are
many other more qualified persons on this group who will be giving ou more
info than I can.
Myself I found that after years of intestinal and other problems that if I
eliminate milk products from my diet I can feel human again. I was diagnosed
as 'irritable colon' years ago, a catch all diagnoses that did nothing
help me.
 I've suffered from colds, thick mucus, bronchitis etc. all my life with no

clue as to what would cause them and no suggestions from the medical
community what it might be. Back when we smoked it was worse but we havent
smoked for like 25 years and until I came to the realization of the cause I
still had it.
Without milk I am pretty much free of this. If I drink a little bit of milk,
I immediately start doing the 'ehem, cough, throat clearing' thing, not
mention wakng up the next morning with lungs full of uck. I cant afford to
get diagnosed officially but I know what is the cause and so have to avoid
it. And I love fresh milk, cheeses etc. I never realized how much dairy
products I ingested until I had to face the facts and avoid them. I
especially miss cheeses. I still occasionally eat something with cheese but
I pay for it. You wouldnt think a table spoon of diced sharp chedder in an
omlet would do so much damage.
If you get them diagnosed you are going to have to do these things anyway so
take their health in your own hands. Keep an open mind that it may be the
milk they are drinking and not all milk. It may be something in the milk.
Eliminate milk first. Once you have that figured out, then consider the beef
but I would start with the milk first if I were you. It's real hard to know

for sure without an elimination diet approach.
I can understand your desperation.
-Ilene

New to the group, hoping to find a place where everyone doesn't think
I'm
crazy. My 4 year old son and 1.5 year old daughter have UNDIAGNOSED dairy
allergy. When my son was almost 2, he had the skin[prick test, which was, of
course, negat
ive. But I know, whatever the doctors say, that dairy causes all
kinds of problems for him. His reactions are delayed, not life-threatening
or
immediate, and I have heard that for this type the skin test is of no use. I
know there is a blood test, but our insurance doesn't cover it and it would
take a lot to convince my husband to do it. Any suggestions? I want a
definitive answer, especially for more support in family. Unfortunately, the
medical community has thus far not helped, telling me he has no allergy or
that if I just continue to give him dairy he will grow out of it.  Also,
lately I am
wondering if i should cut out beef, too, and of course everyone thinks I am
crazier than before. Please help!!