NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:51:30 -0500
> i would love to talk with some of you about how you counter the effects of
> these ads with your children?

The same way we counter the effects of all other ads.  First, we watch very
little commercial TV.  But whenever we do, we talk about how ads are
designed to make you want to buy something.  They are there to make the item
look better than it really is.  My children have no trouble understanding
this.  They say things like "they just want you to buy it -- I bet it really
doesn't <whatever>".  The same skepticism applies to milk ads.  They just
want you to buy it.  Doesn't mean you have to!

--Robyn