NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 20:23:50 -0700
WHOA!  Have a 4 year old WAY sensitive to milk (actually between it and the
drugs they were giving her for the screaming I think it was killing her
IMHO).  Took her off milk a few years ago tried to make my own *sigh* but
she was wasting away.  (oh and she slid right off the drugs when I removed
the milk!)

The Doctor put her back on a milk formula!  Within 5 days her ears were
ruptured and bleeding.  Guess the Doc missed the blood tests I gave her
showing she was allergic.  Guess she did not hear me when I said she was
allergic.  B....

Anyway finally have her on Pregestimil which is cow's milk but predigested.
 She still reacts but not nearly as much and I've been sucessful chasing
her ears so as to not become infected.

However recently it's been getting worse.  So I took her off the formula
two days ago.  WOW what a difference!  However here we are again with the
absorbtion issues can't get enough food down her for proper balance and
calories.  She's losing weight like immediately.

Oh yeah can't do soy either ... used to projectile vomit it ... I tested it
about 6 months ago ... ended up with 3 rounds of antibiotics (which I avoid
like the plague) and she still was fussing with her ears.  No more
antibiotics and I'm just all the time at her ears putting all kinds of
drops in them.  *sigh*

I'm researching some non milk formulas now ... but on a lark went to my
Health Food Store once again.  They once again have no baby formula ... but
I DID find a powdered goat's milk!  OH yeah oh yeah!

Now the Ped Gastro that put her back on milk poo pooed goats milk way back
but I say ... well I won't say what I say.

So I just put a little in her bottle of baby food.  Oh she's PDD/NOS by the
way.  Developmentally delayed.

She was my Foster Daughter a couple of years ago and her parents asked me
to adopt her.  We're in the final stages of that now.

Until then I kind of have to watch what I do and don't do ... I don't have
legal rights yet and her parents are not 100% in belief of all this.

So that's my story.  :)

Anyone have any suggestions for a formula?  She's DEFINETLY got some kind
of absorbtion issue I can see it in her body ... but until she's mine I
can't get her to the right Doctors.  No milk ... soy ... and I'd prefer not
all this sugar or corn sweeteners they fill these with.  :)

Thanks!

Love,

Amy, etal ...