NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 07:51:16 -0500
More comments embedded.

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> In a message dated 1/24/2006 4:34:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

> the following are more quotes i found from those articles
  > i am just so surprise that you so desperate to believe that mice
urine has
> more to do with asthma than dairy consumption. wow.

I repeat, milk was never even mentioned in the article I referenced.

Excerpting quotes is a tricky thing and articles should be taken
overall, not on specific quotes - but if you will, one of the most
significant quotes (in my mind) is this:

"But there is very little evidence that poor blacks or Hispanics are
genetically predisposed to the vast majority of the afflictions from
which they disproportionately suffer. As the living conditions of blacks
have improved over the past century, their health improved in step; when
conditions deteriorated, health deteriorated, too. This has helped
support the contention among researchers that much chronic disease among
minority groups is caused not by genes, but by something else."

What I find compelling is that there are so many factors in these poorer
neighborhoods that seizing on one - dairy - seems to me to be an
unlikely conclusion.  Moreover, much of the population that is affected
by many of the health problems - including asthma - are way past school
age and no longer having the 50% "solid" dairy.  And, these afflictions
are by no means limited to blacks - but include every ethnic group that
live in these deplorable inner-city conditions.

Knowing my own case as I do, I was amazed when I was recently tested for
allergies to find what I was allergic to - dust mites being among the
most reactive on the tests.  I choose to conclude, based on my own
experience and the readings I have done, that the mass of unclean
conditions are the primary cause of the illnesses in those areas.

> I live in a nice tidy white upper middle class suburb of CT..i dont  have to
> go to the bronx there are no animal feces or dust, mice urine or crowded
> living conditions in our schools. there are also only 5 black kids in three
> different families... and every last one of them is suffering from asthma  and
> severe allergies until last year. that's 100  percent.   astounding
> two of them came off of the list. mine. and the only thing they did was  stop
> eating dairy.

For curiousity - what happened when the other three black children
stopped eating dairy?