NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:11:14 -0800
WHen I was talking to the doctor in New York he was explaining that the type of calcium in dairy numbs the nerves in the bladder so the child doesn't feel when he/she has to use the bathroom when they're sleeping, so there's no way to know they need to hold anything if they aren't aware it's even there. The doctor also suggested sewing a soft nurf type of ball or one made of sponge to the back of the inside of their pajamas so they will sleep on their side more. for some reason the position of being on their back is connected with more bed wetting than lying n their side. WHen lying on thier side they are more likely to feel when they need to go. He didn't say this was the case every time, but from his experience in dealing with people really seemed to think this method would help.  Sue

Subscriptions <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  I wet the bed as a child and now feel that it was the dairy. Now, as an
adult, if I consume dairy products, I have bladder *issues*... lack of
control and even bladder infections.

Jenifer