NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:39:11 -0700
:
: Now that Josh is older (10) and since he's quite responsible about his meds
: and his condition, his doctor has given him written permission to carry his
: meds in his backpack. For safety reasons, we only send along a single dose
: of antihistamines. He's only to use these if he can't get to his regular
: sources (home, nurse, parent) in a short period of time, and he's to report
: immediately to us or the school nurse, teacher, principal, or other
: responsible adult immediately.
:

Mark -

I've been wishing I could come up with a good way to do this for my daughter,
who's just 3 now, but "soon" will be able to take responsibility for her
medications.  Does your son carry a single dose of liquid Benadryl?  If so,
how do you manage it - what sort of container, spills, leaking, etc?  Or does
he have chewables or tablets to swallow.  I've always thought that the liquid
was preferred even for older kids & adults, because it's absorbed faster.

Thanks - Laurie

p.s. We have a fanny pack for Alyssa, too.  It's her "medicine bag".  For
a long time, she thought all fanny packs we saw were medicine bags...
It goes everywhere with us.  She has a duplicate one at preschool.