NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Theresa Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 13:07:53 -0500
All,

Does anyone have a dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe that tastes
anything like the "traditional" kind?

HELP!

Also, I'm trying to figure out what the best milk substitute
is for baking and cooking. I *cannot stand* the taste of soy
milk and it seems that the soy milk does not blend well at
all with the other flavors in whatever I'm cooking or baking.
All I can taste is the soy milk. Blech! Is Rice Dream any
better? I've found that I can actually stomach the chocolate
rice dream (haven't tried the vanilla or regular yet). I'm
drastically cutting down on my dairy now (pregnant again -
survey results soon - they're still coming in) and my son's
getting old enough that he wants to eat what we eat. He
*LOVES* pizza (without cheese) and is trying to eat our
casseroles now. He is SEVERELY allergic to all dairy. Even
miniscule contamination is now giving him facial eczema.

Thanks in advance,

Theresa