NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Slotterback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 11:17:02 EDT
My daughter has a delayed allergic response to milk and soy. She did not
test positive to the IgE RAST test for the reasons Don gave--since her
reaction is digestive the IgE antibodies are not involved. We know her
immune system is involved and therefore Jamie is allergic, not lactose
intolerant. The inflammation in her stomach was due to the highly
elevated number of eosinophils present (diagnosed by biopsy ). Jamie is
allergic to the proteins in milk. I think is better to withdraw all milk
products from the child's diet to see if there is an improvement rather
than believe there is no problem with milk since the IgE RAST test was
negative. Jamie's problems have disappeared since she is on a No milk
(and -no soy, in her case) diet.

Joanne