NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 22:45:08 -0400
Explorer wrote:

> IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a catch all term that is used by
> doctors... Since doctors can still make money by
> just skimming over a problem instead of actually investigating and
> dealing with it, they often choose to call intestinal complaints IBS.
> This leaves the patient basically knowing no more after the appointment...

Many, many moons ago, I spent 4 or 5 hours a day in the bathroom
(hope this isn't too much information)... I bled profusely... I went
to doctor after doctor for about 2 years before I found one who even
believed how much I bled... they kept trying to tell me it was only a
drop or two... I was severly anemic.... they ran all kinds of tests
for exotic parasites and diseases... doctors would go a long way
toward helping patients if they would just believe the symptoms the
patients say they have!

When I finally found a doctor who believed me, he performed minor
surgery to take care of the bleeding problem.... that alleviated, to
some extent, the need to spend so much time in the bathroom... this
was after I had already determined I was allergic to milk and had
given up all dairy products... I had just spent so much time ruining
my digestive system with milk it led to the "IBS" I was
experiencing... it's taken me lots of time to recover and I'm not
fully recovered yet - I believe I may never have the "normal" health
of a person my age....
My reality check bounced!

Ken Cook
home:  [log in to unmask]