NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vickie Tyree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:49:13 -0500
I want to add our experience with probiotics.  My son is allergic to milk,
eggs and peanuts.  I have had him on probiotics since I found out about the
food allergies at 6 months old (He is now 3 years.)  It has helped him
tremendously.  We also use the no dairy kind.  Here are my thoughts based on
some of the reading I have done.  Allergies are an autoimmune issue.  The
immune system resides in the gut.  It only makes sense that taking care of
the balance of bowel flora (good bacteria vs bad bacteria) in the intestines
can only help the immune system and issues related to it.  I'm not saying it
will cure it, but I'm hoping that it will make reactions milder which it
seems to have done for my son.

Vickie Tyree