NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:50:10 -0400
Not all children who are truely allergic( anaphylactic) to milk outgrow a
milk protein allergy.  According to our allergist/pulminologist as they get
older they usually "tolerate" milk broken down such as "whey" in a baked
good and by the time they are adults will not react anaphylactically any
longer to parts of milk that the protein has been broken down such as "whey"
. But even if not anaphylactic(medical emergency) they would still be
considered allergic and the symptoms will/can manifest themselves
differently i.e. stomach upset, congestion, eczema etc.....