NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"R. Pellerin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:26:40 -0400
Yes, yes, yes.

I used to buy a certain brand of fish sticks and all of a sudden, they
changed their formulation and added milk.  I emailed to complain (and they
were losing a customer) but all I got back was a form email essentially
saying, well, we want it this way.

I have made it a habit to double check the ingredients of even my most
trusted and popular brands.  You just never know.  Fortunately, here in
Canada, most bread is milk free and as a result, I am getting lazy in
checking bread!  It was such a challenge in Michigan to find milk free
bread.

If ever you are in Canada and need margarine, Fleischmann's is also made
here and is dairy free; and any store that carries PC (President's Choice)
brand should carry their PC Celeb margarine, where they have a lactose free
one (good for baking) and a low cal one (not so good for baking), which are
tasty and safe and when not on sale, still reasonably priced.