NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe and Lori Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 09:32:37 -0500
 Hi,
I am new to this list, and I am writing on behalf of my daughter. I have a
total of 4 girls, my last one had milk allergies. Amberlee is now 19mths
old. I will tell you  our situation. When she was a baby she was feed breast
milk and prosoybee, the only thing we really noticed was colic. When
Amberlee turned a year old, we started introducing milk. What a disaster
that turned out to be, we fought over a month (taking her to the doctors the
whole time). She got severe diarrhea first, then vomiting, and then
developed some strange looking spots all over (they came and went, were
tiny,,,just strange). By this time I was really frustrated, took her back to
the doctors, and that is when they said "no milk" . It did work, but ever
since then she will still get like she was, Still I was taking her into the
doctors, one time they told me to put her on some lactaid, still it started
getting worse and worse, until 2 weeks ago, I took her back and really
chewed them out. They put her o  a  RBAT (rice, bannana'a applesauce and
toast) diet, that cleared her all up, but as soon as I started her back on a
regular diet ...whammo again. Now the doctors are trying to tell me she has
GI problems. So hearing this I took off to the internet and boy what I have
learned so far.

There are milk proteins in food, looks like I was giving her milk protiens
and not knowing it, I have been to the doctors and nutritionist, and they
would not even tell me that much. I have now cleared everything containing
milk and milk proteins from her diet, and she is the happiest and healthiest
I have ever seen her.

Basicly, I am real new to this, and need information, about anything,
reciepes, how to do this day by day, how do you go out to eat?? Any help
would be appreciated.

PS I take her back to the doctors today,,boy will they get chewed out...lol

Lori Hart