NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 12:19:16 -0400
Lactose is a separate ingredient from casein. I'm told that lactic acid and
stearol lactylate may be made from milk. If you are just lactose intolerant,
you may consume casein or the other two without a problem. But if you are
like me, and react to some ingredient other than lactose, you would be wise
to stay away from anything with casein. My milk allergy has mild symptoms
and I still don't know for sure if casein is a problem. I'm testing it out
now by  consuming things with casein but no other milk ingredient. However,
food allergies are notoriously difficult to diagnose. Thankfully I'm not at
serious health risk like others are. I hope you're in my end of the
spectrum...

Don

Subject: lactose-free products