NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rose Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 18:30:49 EDT
<< And I do hope it doesn't say 'non-dairy' while containing caseinate. That
 was outlawed with the NLEA act which also mandated the new 'Nutrition
 Facts' labeling. >>
 I believe most Non-dairy whipped toppings (ie. Cool Whip), as well as non-
dairy creamers, have casein or caseinate in them. That really threw us off
when we were first learning to read labels. Thankfully, the Food Allergy
Network saved us from making tons of mistakes with our now 6-year-old son!

Rose