NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
scott gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 16:34:53 -0400
I'm new too. My name is Susan Gallant. I'm wondering if someone can share
some information abput natural remedies. My husband caught that nasty flu
bug going around and ended up being very congested even after his fever
broke. He ended up going to the emergency room. Thankfully that doctor
didn't want to give him any antibiotics as a first answer. We used a
humidifier to help break up the congestion. Tuesday night he was so
congested and dizzy, so I decided to make a paste with charcoal, corn starch
and water to spread on his chest and cover with a warm cloth and then a
heating pad that you heat in the microwave wrapped in a towel to keep on his
chest all night. The next morning he was coughing up a lot of mucous but
wasn't really feeling much better. He went to see his M.D., who I have to
say has a better sense of ballance in his knowledge on both sides of the
fence, natural and medical. He said the charcoal paste was a good try but to
be careful because it pulls out the mucous which actually protects your
lungs from the bacteria. If the bacteria is still there then it can cause a
lot of pain and more sickness. Since this is the case, can someone tell me
what natural remedies to use to get rid of the bacteria so the charcoal
remedy would be more affective, or perhaps another remedy that would be
asffective or better?
   Susan Gallant