NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 07:49:14 GMT
[emailed & posted]

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 07:15:04 -0400, Tammy Powell wrote:

} On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:53:24 EDT, Lynda Mitchell wrote:
}
} } There is a test called a CAP RAST that
} } may help evaluate whether the allergy has been outgrown.  (It is an
} } enhancement of the standard RAST tests and has greater reliability for milk
} } allergy).  I doubt if a pediatrician would know about the test though, since
} } many allergists don't.
}
} I took my daughter to see Dr. Wood in Baltimore shortly after her third
} birthday. The reason I took her is that her Allergist does not believe in
} blood tests for food allergies so I decided it was worth it to spend the
} money and get the tests done.  I also made the personal choice that if
} Jessica's doctor wasn't familure with a test and understanding the results
} I wanted to go to one that was instead of convincing him to do it and
} having her be the first one he ran it on.
}
}         Comments Dr. Wood made led me to believe that it would have been helpful
} to him to have earlier test results so he could monitor if levels had dropped.
} If you can find a board certified allergist that is familure with the test and
} let him/her decide when it would be best to have the tests run that might be
} the best solution.

I'd like to know more about the test.
Is there a web page?  FAQ?  Anything?

Have fun,