NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:44:41 -0000
> From: RoseBoccio

> Another point to consider: most people (even trained dieticians) don't
know
> all the milk "ingredients," such as casein or even whey.
<snip>
> And I know (from prior mistakes) that you can't expect anyone else to
know
> everything we need to know to keep him safe. Also, I can't expect someone
else
> to be as ever-vigilant as we have to be.

One very useful thing you can do is to get the wallet card with names under
which milk
 appears in foods (available from Helen [log in to unmask]) and give
copies
 of it to the school nurse and his teacher.  Attach one to his lunch box.
Keep one in
your wallet.  Give them to his playmates' friends' mothers to refer to for
snacks when
he's visiting.  They are a  great help - and they give other people the
information they
need to feel confident when they are in charge of your child.

psam

Motherhood - not just a job, it's an Adventure!