NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Catherine Ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 16:17:44 -0800
Our pediatric allergist was a lifesaver.  He understood the probably
(milk protein allergy) much better than the pediatrician and was much
more open to letting me handle the problem.  He explained the meds,
what my son was to have when, what to do if things escalated,
when to get worried and call for help, and turned over management
of the problem to me, with him supervising.

Yes, if milk is the only allergy, and you delete it completely, the
"shiners" should go away.  Look up Helen Fernety's homepage
(Non-Dairy - Something to Moo About @www.nondairy.org) and get some
of those
wallet cards that list all the names under which dairy appears.  Take
one to the store with you.  Don't buy anything that has those
names on it.  Or if you and your dh want to eat something that
contains milk, mark the label someway so you'll know not to give
it to her.  I put an A (my son's first letter of his name) in a
circle with
a slash across it, and that tells him (now 9.5yo) that it's not safe.

Wish I could help with the eczema - we're still using cortaid on my
4yo's legs which are always a mess.

psam