NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:15:11 -0400
list of ingredients on the Tofu Rella, Cheddar style:

>Organic tofu (water, organically-grown soybeans, calcium sulfate) soy oil,
>potato and corn starches, vitamins and minerals, natural flavor, sodium
>citrate, salt, citric acid, sorbic acid, carotene.

Dear Sally,

Your not blind.  There is casein in this product. I called Rella Good
Cheese Company to confirm this. They are aware of the problem. They
discovered last Friday that there was a misprint on the labels and casein
ommited. The Rella Good Cheese Company is in the processes of mailing
replacement labels to all the stores that have the mis-labeled products. We
will be working with them to alert all our families. They are sending we a
newslease ASAP. Sally, if you can e-mail me the name of the store and the
location the company would like to know.

My understanding is the only cheeses they make that are totally dairy free
are in their "vegan rella" product line. I'll be confirming that they
haven't made any changes to the line before I write my dairy alert. I'll
post the alert to the group also.

Sally, I was very happy to hear your son is doing better.

Take care,

Helen Fernety

Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About, Inc.
A support & informational monthly web source for families dealing with
dairy free diets for medical  reasons.
http://non-dairy.org
10425 S.W. 114 Court, Miami, FL 33176 USA ====================================
Monthly Snail Mail Newsletter Now Available - $30 a year + 3 dairy cards
Have a friend or a professional that doesn't have Internet access but needs
our newsletter? Have them call 1-305-598-0374 and we will mail them a free
basic milk protein allergy information with a newsletter order form.